Our Top 10 Indian Experiences
Our Top 10 Experiences in India
10. Floating on a small canoe past the burning bodies at the crowded ghats of the mighty Ganges River.
9. Taking our first steps onto the luxurious houseboat, floating on beautiful Dal Lake surrounded by mountains & silence.
8. Jungle Johnnie’s slice of paradise, indulging in western comforts,visiting the elephant camp, and the hospitality from the host with most!
7. Biking around Khajuraho’s peaceful, isolated villages & waving at all the smiling faces around us, after fleeing the chaotic town center & madness of our hostel.
6. Kerala Backwaters seemingly endless beauty, lost in the tiny canals, & mesmerizing sunset.
5. Varkala’s beautiful cliff setting and dining on catch-of-the-day every night to the sound of waves crashing far below.
4. Witnessing the beauty of the Golden Temple & feeling like ‘one of the locals’, immersing ourselves in the Sikh religion at their holiest temple.
3. Taj Mahal. It’s sheer beauty & seeing for ourselves why it deserves a spot as one of the 7 greatest wonders.
2. Riding camels at sunset & our night sleeping in the desert surrounded by sand dunes, stars, and a full moon in Jaisalmer.
1. Trekking in the Himalaya Mountains for 4 days, 3 nights with 3 pack ponies, 1 cook, 1 pony man, and us!